Cheese science is covered principally in modules FS4020 and FS6106. Lecture notes for most courses are now available on the UCC Blackboard site. To enrol for these courses:
Log on to UCC Blackboard site (http://blackboard.ucc.ie) using your Student ID and PIN. Click the Courses tab. Click Browse Course Catalogue. Type the course code or name in the Search box. Once the correct course has been located, click the Enrol button to the right of the course description. If necessary, type the Access Code given to you in lectures. Click Submit to be taken to the course website.
Courses in Cheese Science
Graduate-level courses (6-24 h) on cheese science with an emphasis on the biochemistry of cheese ripening are available are available to companies, universities and research institutes worldwide.
- Cheese Problems Solved (McSweeney, ed., 2007)
- Advanced Dairy Chemistry-3. Lactose, Water, Salts and Minor Consitiuents (McSweeney, Fox, eds., 2009)
- Advanced Dairy Chemistry-2. Lipids (Fox, McSweeney, eds., 2006)
- Advanced Dairy Chemistry-1. Proteins (Fox, McSweeney, eds., 2003)
- Cheese: Chemistry, Physics and Microbiology. Vol. 2. Major Cheese Groups (Fox, McSweeney, Cogan, Guinee, eds., 2004)
- Cheese: Chemistry, Physics and Microbiology. Vol. 1. General Aspects (Fox, McSweeney, Cogan, Guinee, eds., 2004)
- Fundamentals of Cheese Science (Fox, Guinee, Cogan, McSweeney, 2000)
- Dairy Chemistry and Biochemistry (Fox and McSweeney, eds., 1998)