It is nice to see some good business news out of Ireland; Dairygold, the country's largest farmer-owned business, reported 60% increase in profits last year. And they are not alone; Kerry and Glanbia are doing very well also.
Courses in Cheese Science
Graduate-level courses (6-24 h) on cheese science with an emphasis on the biochemistry of cheese ripening are available are available to companies, universities and research institutes worldwide.
- Cheese Problems Solved (McSweeney, ed., 2007)
- Advanced Dairy Chemistry-3. Lactose, Water, Salts and Minor Consitiuents (McSweeney, Fox, eds., 2009)
- Advanced Dairy Chemistry-2. Lipids (Fox, McSweeney, eds., 2006)
- Advanced Dairy Chemistry-1. Proteins (Fox, McSweeney, eds., 2003)
- Cheese: Chemistry, Physics and Microbiology. Vol. 2. Major Cheese Groups (Fox, McSweeney, Cogan, Guinee, eds., 2004)
- Cheese: Chemistry, Physics and Microbiology. Vol. 1. General Aspects (Fox, McSweeney, Cogan, Guinee, eds., 2004)
- Fundamentals of Cheese Science (Fox, Guinee, Cogan, McSweeney, 2000)
- Dairy Chemistry and Biochemistry (Fox and McSweeney, eds., 1998)